2.10.2009

The Physics of Meaning Tour Blog #1


The Physics of Meaning are out on the road all over America. Here's an account of what they're up to in the recurring The Physics of Meaning Tour Blog.

our first tour blog by our own dear Wil Wright

Hey everyone.

If you have been keeping up with physics for the last couple of years, you may have read some of my accounts of our adventures. If not, I'm Wil Wright. I play the bass and am the youngest (barely) and usually live in Knoxville TN and don't ever drive the van because I drive like a mamaw. Instead of driving, I try to keep an blog of the funny or interesting things that happen to us along the way. Or at least the gross things that happen to me....which are ample.

This trip will deliver me into things that I don't like.....Tuscaloosa, AL for example. And the desert. Ugh. But it's a small price, as the trip will also deliver me into the arms of my favorite people. My tour calendar revolves around the folks that are waiting a few days away. Touring has stretched my community all over the country, and these trips are the only time I get to see almost any of it. It's an endless pleasure to play a concert every day with physics, and those concerts acting as a vehicle to land me in that arms of so many people I love is amazing. Every day promises some celebration or long-awaited reunion. Having that, non-stop, for 2 months is pretty unreal and the sacrifices, be they massive or invisible, are more than worth it. Every time. This tour comes to a grand finale, too, with a big show in Knoxville and a trip to SxSW in Austin! I can decide what to look forward to first.

I am currently in Chapel Hil for 2 full-band rehearsals, (last night's rehearsal found us digging through new songs that I am fairly sure will blow at least 65% of the minds that we share them with. The other 35%* are assholes who cannot be impressed). Friday, we're off on our fororeverevertour. I'm really, really excited about the show here in Chapel Hill. We're playing with Lost In The Trees, who I like a whole lot but haven't ever seen, and also with Albina Savoy, who I love! I imagine that it'll mean seeing a ton of my triangular friends, too, which is too rare and always so nice.

These rehearsal days are long ones...today, I am at Dylan's house, because he is nice enough to let me stay here while I am in town for shows or rehearsal. I haven't got a car here, because I don't like leaving my car unattended for 2months at somebody who won't be home's house. That means these days are full of self-entertainment. Today, I wrote a song called "I went through all of your things (you're boring)".

So, I hope you enjoy the stories. These tours never leave me short on things to relay, good or bad. And please comment, so that we can stay in touch as the band and I make our way around.

ready to begin,

ww

*it's never too late to change, even if your parents are assholes.

No comments: