2.16.2009

The Physics of Meaning Tour Blog #4



The Physics of Meaning are out on the road all over America. Here's an account of what they're up to in the recurring The Physics of Meaning Tour Blog.

Tour provides me with a great many things, not the least of which being multiple visits with my Father in Louisiana every year. And my gentlebro's love him. And my dad, he loves them right back. Especially Dylan. He told Dylan this time "you aren't my son.....but you're close." My dad is right ,because Dyllie and I are two chewbaccas cut from the same ilk. At any rate, no matter what, I love this band for giving me so much extra time with him. I also really like it when my dad calls my friends

Our show in Baton Rouge this time doubled as a birthday party for our superbro Tripp Cox, who puts our shows in Red Stick on, and also is a North Carolinian and all-together true badass. The show went really, really well. We played with Field Day again, who have redeveloped their sound and are now COMPLETELY amazing. I am a fan of their's on facebook, and I recommend that you become the same. Also, the lads and ladies of Baton Rouge were looking SUPERFINE. Normally, it's Austin, Provo, and Los Angeles that bring out the hot guns on all fronts, but Baton Rouge certainly made a place for itself this time. Bravo. On top of that, everyone, despite the crowded bar setting, was very respectful and attentive, even when we were quiet and delicate.

That means a lot to us.

If you've followed this blog, you know that our last stop in New Orleans almost ended up with Dylan and I dying after the show in a hail of madness and adventure. Well, you can't have so much fun everytime. This time, we returned to the circle bar to find yet another kind and respectful audience in one of our very favorite places to play.....and then this other guy. We predicted before the show that this guy was "most likely to get punched out before the end of the night" based on his alcohol-driven disregard for anyone else in the room. Really, fuck this guy.

So, right in the middle of "Oregon, My Only True Friend" this guy starts going "rrrrararararararararaaa" from the other room, like some kind of retarded weedeater. So, when we finished playing that song, I told a story about Tuscaloosa, and how we aren't stranger to loud idiots during our quiet moments. To which he replied "deal with it, there are rednecks over here, play some Free Bird"....in real life. He said it in real life. And so we played our Bjork cover, which we were going to play anyways, but the timing seemed comedic.

Anyways, after the show, this guy comes up to Wylie, who wasn't feeling too good anyways, and says "I'm not a queer, but you're cute. Relax." and then slaps Wylie's ass. UGH. And then, he starts yelling at me for not finishing the nasty rum punch that I ordered because it was free.

Fuck you. I know you won't read this, but eat a bottomless bag of dicks, sir.

So, we didn't end our night as spectacularly as last time, but we did meet some wonderful people and have a great time for the most part, and we found out that the poor guy had just been released from jail, so he was probably drinking off some really bad memories, Sorry guy. Stop being an asshole...but sorry.

We finished our awesome visit with my dad and headed west, towards Texas, which promised us an awesome week with more amazing people who we love.

rararara,

ww

No comments: