2.25.2009

The Physics of Meaning Tour Blog #7



The Physics of Meaning are out on the road all over America. Here's an account of what they're up to in the recurring The Physics of Meaning Tour Blog.

Our Texas MVP and into the DESERT!

I was going to wait until Philadelphia to spotlight this particular character from our tour mythology, but some people are just not patient. We have a friend named Ariel who shows up at our shows all over the place, sometime playing and sometime just showing us how much she loves us. We even play at her house in Dallas sometimes! She supplied me with the most delicious spicy olives I have ever had. She plays in badass bands (maybe a new one soon, right ariel?). Anyways, I just wanted to say, on behalf of Physics, that we really love and appreciate Ariel Saldivar! Apparently, she's going to be naked at one of our shows soon! And she knows how to bagpipe! THANKS ARIEL!

On we go...

Fuck the desert.

BUT we did play 1 show while we crossed it. We played in Scottsdale! We played an outstanding little placed called Chyro Arts. And more importantly, we got to spend the night in much nicer accommodations than any mini-van cowboys ever get to enjoy, BH-style. Tons of thanks to Bennett for putting his hospitality cock into our exhaustion pussies. That hotel room was so nice and so clean, that I just KEPT taking bath shower bath shower bath shower. Then, early the next day, I woke up and caught him stealing my keys and wallet.

The desert makes me really crazy and afraid. I'm not 100% sure why. But one thing that I do like is that people in the desert all experience, it seems to me, the same psychosis. The same tendency. These people are dragged by the same invisible chain. And that chain drags them to putting up gigantic weird things. I see a lot of dinosaurs. One time, I saw Ecto-1 (this is not bullshit, it was in somebody's yard....I have never been able to find it again, but I KNOW IT WAS REAL). There are villages of oversized TeePees. There are herds of wooden horses and dragons. And, best of all, just outside Phoenix, there is a GIANT FUCKING BABY. It is a giant photo cut-out of a baby sitting there, looking like a regular, real baby. IT LOOKS SO REAL. It looks so real that it's hard to look at. If you look for a few seconds, it looks so real but also 4-stories tall and your eyes FREAK OUT. Also, you've been crammed in a van for weeks, and everything is kinda surreal, so if you go there, and it doesn't make you shit your pants, don't blame me. You're grown up, you shouldn't shit your pants. Wait.

I wish I could say that there was more to report, but with the family leg behind us and LA 1 step away, I feel like I had my blinders on during this jaunt. OOOnnnnnnnnnn we go.

ww

No comments: